Just a day after Jack Dorsey was named permanent CEO of Twitter, the social network is launching a big new feature in its app called Moments. What started as Project Lightning showcases for a lot of users the best part of Twitter: keeping caught up with in-the-moment news that you care about. The new Moments feature can be found behind the lightning bolt icon through Twitter’s mobile apps and on the web in the US. expand full story
events Stories October 6, 2015
events Stories June 1, 2015
Jay Blahnik, one of the lead directors behind the health and fitness functionality in iOS 8 and the Apple Watch, is continuing to host events at Apple Stores. At the end of April, Blahnik held an interview with Christy Turlington Burns at an Apple Store in the United Kingdom, and now Blahnik is making his way to Australia and Asia. Late last week, Blahnik held a Q/A session in Australia with personal trainer Michelle Bridges. Here are videos of Blahnik discussing the importance of walking along with other health tips with Bridges:
events Stories May 18, 2015
A new flyover of Apple’s under construction Campus 2 project in Cupertino, California gives us one of our closest look yet at the site. We also get our first detailed look at work started on Apple’s new auditorium on the campus where it plans to host events when the project is complete.
The video below comes courtesy of MyithZ who was able to get these shots from just 120ft up, much closer than previous drone flyovers and Apple’s own aerial shots.
events Stories February 20, 2014
Waze app gets Calendar integration for navigating to upcoming events
Waze, the navigation app maker that Google picked up last year, announced today that its updating its mobile apps with calendar integration. With the updated app, iOS and Android users will now see “events with location info will automatically appear” in the navigation list within Waze. That means any events in your calendar that have location info associated with them will be viewable from within Waze.
The company notes that only two upcoming events from your Calendar will be displayed in the navigation list. Users that want to disable the Calendar integration can do so from the iOS Settings app.
The updated app isn’t yet live on the App Store but should be rolling out any minute.
events Stories September 25, 2013
Last fall, Apple had a lot of products to introduce: a new iPhone, two new iPads, three new iPods, and a few new Macs. Apple ended up dividing those new devices into two events: an iPhone + iPod event and an iPad + Mac event.
Without much occurring during the first half of this year, and even with the new iPhones launching this month, Apple still has a significant amount of products to still announce this year. Let’s take a look at what’s coming:
- Redesigned full-sized iPad (64-bit, looks like a larger iPad mini, likely no Touch ID)
- iPad mini with Retina display (both 32-bit and 64-bit versions have been in testing, likely no Touch ID)
- iPad mini without Retina display (version with faster, A6 processor has been in testing)
- MacBook Pros with Haswell chips, improved battery life
- Haswell Mac minis
- Final OS X Mavericks details, pricing (launch targeted for late October, but sources now say there’s been internal chatter about a (very unlikely) push-back to early November
- Mac Pro tech specs, pricing, availability details
- Secret Mac-related hardware that nobody knows about coming as soon as late 2013
- New Apple TV hardware
- Redesigned first-party iOS 7 apps
- New iWork for Mac
- New iWork for iOS
- New Final Cut Pro
Could Apple announce all of this in one sitting?…
events Stories July 2, 2013
Real Racing 3 adds Bentley & Mercedes-Benz vehicles, progression system, improved graphics & 180+ events
EA updated its popular freemium Real Racing 3 game for iPhone and iPad today with a number of new features including over 55 vehicles from Bentley and Mercedes-Benz. On top of a new Time Trail event type and 180+ new events, EA is also adding a progression system that will allow users to “unlock cars and events as you progress through the new career.” That sounds like a nice addition for those that were complaining of EA’s decision to stick with the freemium model for the title.
Also included in the update is improved graphics with “Per-pixel shadowing on high-end devices” and new bonuses:
What’s New in Version 1.2.0
The Prestige Cars Update is here! Bentley and Mercedes-Benz join Real Racing 3’s extensive stable of manufacturers, while the highly requested Time Trial mode arrives with global leaderboards and ghost racing!
• New manufacturers – Bentley and Mercedes-Benz join an exciting line-up of over 55 licenced cars • New event type – Time Trial! Race against yourself, your friends and the world for the top leaderboard position • Bonus R$ – Get an R$ boost for the first race of each day, earn bigger bonuses for consecutive days of play • Clean Race Bonus – Drive cleanly and fairly to receive R$ bonuses • New progression system – Unlock cars and events as you progress through the new career • Improved graphics – Per-pixel shadowing on high-end devices! • 180+ new events!