The great task management app Things has a notable new update today. Things 3.14 enhances notes for tasks and projects on iPhone, iPad, and Mac in four ways.
things Stories August 11, 2021
things Stories April 20, 2020
Cultured Code has updated the award-winning task manager Things 3 for iPad to add extensive support for trackpads just in time for the new Magic Keyboard.
This version of Things brings full support for the iPad’s new mouse cursor!
Connect a mouse or trackpad in your iPad’s settings, then open Things—you can click around and control the app, just like you would on your Mac …
things Stories March 10, 2020
Cultured Code has a major update for Things on Apple Watch today. The new version of the task manager finally works with multiple Apple Watches. This limitation previously made Things for Apple Watch unusable when using a second Apple Watch for sleep tracking.
The bigger story is under-the-hood. Things for Apple Watch has been completely rewritten to sync directly Things Cloud.
things Stories December 16, 2019
Cultured Code is out with the latest version of its excellent Things task manager app with an update focused on the useful Quick Find search feature. Quick Find is now integrated with a new set of lists for searching, and headings and recently viewed categories are now searchable.
things Stories December 12, 2018
Back in September, Cultured Code updated Things for Mac to fully support Apple’s official Dark Mode on macOS Mojave. The task manager’s dark mode actually works on versions as far back as macOS El Capitan before Dark Mode it was a system feature. Now Things for iPhone and iPad is joining the dark mode revolution with version 3.8 which is out today as a free update to Things 3.
things Stories September 24, 2018
things Stories September 17, 2018
Things 3.7 for iPhone, Apple Watch, and iPad on iOS 12 and watchOS 5 is here with loads of new features that take advantage of Apple’s big updates. Things now works with the Siri face for Apple Watch on watchOS 5 and Shortcuts app on iOS 12. Version 3.7 brings a handful of other improvements like smart alert management and easier password handling too.
things Stories May 28, 2018
Cultured Code is releasing version 3.6 of its Things task manager, and the new update focuses on iPad users with full support for external keyboards. The goal of Things 3.6 is to make it possible to use the app on an iPad with an external keyboard without having to frequently touch the screen…
things Stories April 18, 2018
Since launching Things 3 last summer, the task management app has received several significant updates like Siri integration and the recently introduced Mail to Things feature. Things 3.5, the latest release, continues the update cycle with a release packed with new capabilities and improvements including ‘Copy & Paste Magic’, an enhanced Today widget, Zapier integration, and a lot more.
things Stories February 21, 2018
things Stories December 12, 2017
Things by Cultured Code is already a beautiful and powerful task manager, and the latest update adds a handy new feature that makes it even more capable when it comes to capturing your tasks. Mail to Things is a new feature that lets you easily and securely create new tasks using email.
things Stories September 19, 2017
Things by Cultured Code has long been my go-to task management app of choice, and today the app suite is getting a big update thanks to iOS 11 and watchOS 4. Things 3.2 works with Siri for the first time (no more Reminders workaround!) and there’s powerful drag and drop support on the iPad.
things Stories July 3, 2017
Cultured Code launched Things 3 a few weeks ago with an all-new design and loads of new features, and today Things 3.1 is available with a couple of new features.
Things 3.1 includes repeating to-dos in projects which has been a missing feature for some potential users. The date parser has also improved its support for multiple languages in this update.
things Stories May 19, 2017
Yesterday Cultured Code released the long-awaited update to Things 2, aptly entitled Things 3. The third edition of Things features a significant design overhaul, and fundamentally changes the way you interact with the app’s many features. Watch our hands-on video walkthrough inside for a look at some of the app’s best new additions. expand full story
things Stories May 18, 2017
Cultured Code is launching all new versions of its Things task management software for iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Mac. Things 3 includes a beautiful new design with charming interactions across each version and powerful new features for organizing tasks and scheduling assignments.
things Stories August 19, 2015
Productivity app Things adds push sync feature to keep task lists auto updated across devices
Managing alerts on Cultured Code’s Things task management app across multiple devices is about to become a whole lot more effective. Things already uses its own robust syncing solution called Things Cloud since iCloud syncing has been rocky at times in the past, and today Cultured Code is unveiling a major upgrade to Things Cloud.
Built on an all-new architecture, the Things Cloud “Nimbus” upgrade delivers a push sync feature that allows Things for iPhone, iPad, and Mac to stay up-to-date without having to actively open it on each device. iOS has gained features like Background App Refresh that let apps do more without being front and center, but Things and push sync makes keeping devices in sync a reliable experience.
things Stories April 22, 2015
We’ve known for a while now that the popular Things to-do list management app is coming to the Apple Watch, and we even posted a few screenshots of the application this morning. But now, Cultured Code, the developers behind Things, have provided an in-depth look at how their application sets itself apart from the other task management Apple Watch applications. While the Mac, iPhone, and iPad versions of Things separate tasks into Today, Next, Scheduled, and Someday tasks, the Apple Watch app focuses in on the Today View.
things Stories January 15, 2015
Things for iOS updated with Notification Center widget, improved inter-app functionality
Cultured Code released an update for its Things to-do list manager on iPhone and iPad today that added support for a Notification Center widget. The new plugin allows users to keep a list of reminders in the Today view, mark off completed tasks, or quickly access a shortcut for creating new to-dos.
The widget pulls its data from the app’s Today list, and can also let you know which items will be due soon so you can prioritize your activities.
The update also adds a new URI scheme that enables developers working on other apps to integrate their software easily with Things.
things Stories November 20, 2014
9to5Toys Last Call: Things iOS apps go free, iPhone 6 Plus bumper case $3, UE BOOM speaker giveaway, more
Keep up with the best gear and deals on the web by signing up for the brand new 9to5Toys Newsletter. Also, be sure to check us out on: Twitter, RSS Feed, Facebook, Google+ and Safari push notifications.
Today’s can’t miss deals:
iPhone 6 Plus TPU rubber ultra thin bumper case and stylus $3 shipped
Giveaway: 10 limited edition Skrillex Ultimate Ears BOOM Bluetooth speakers ($200 value)
Amazon announces its Black Friday gameplan and prices, new deals every 10 minutes
- iPad Air 2 with free $100 gift card $489
- Free $75 gift card with new iPhone 6 for $179 or iPhone 5s for $79 on contract
First look: LifeProof starts taking orders for its waterproof iPhone 6 frē case
Small States – TM1985: former Ralph Lauren designer goes American made w/ elegant backpacks, $407 giveaway + 25% discount
Other new deals:
- New! Moleskin teams up w/ Adobe to take notes and sketches from paper to the cloud
- New! Windows Tablets/PCs: 32GB Surface 2 (refurb): $199, Asus 15-inch laptop: $250, more
- New! Games/Apps: Notes Plus $2, Skylanders Trap Team Pack $50, more
- New! Logitech HD Pro Webcam w/ 1080p Widescreen $50 shipped (Reg. $100)
- New! Daily Deals: Amazon Fire HD Tablets from $120, 4-port USB travel charger: $24, more
- New! Hotel Tonight iOS/Android app offers $7 rooms on Black Friday
- New! Audio-Technica Noise Isolation In-Ear Headphones $33 shipped (orig. $80)
- New! Garmin nüvi 66LMT GPS w/ lifetime maps/traffic $140 (orig. $210)
- New! Home: Capresso Espresso Machine (refurb) $70 (orig. $280), more
- New! 40% off all prints at Shutterfly with free shipping on orders of $39 or higher
- New! Newegg: $15 off of $50 or more w/ purchase via GoogleWallet on Android
More deals still alive:
- Apple 13.3-inch Retina MacBook Pro (2013) 2.4GHz/8GB/256GB: $1,149 (orig. $1,399)
- Harman Kardon CL Precision Headphones (refurb) $49 (orig. $250), more
- Save up to 50% on some hilarious (and mildly offensive) Ugly Christmas Sweaters
- Amazon offers $40 off Kindles, Fire TV and more w/ Prime membership purchases
- Apple TV (newest version) at Black Friday pricing right now: $79 shipped (Reg. $99)
- Kensington KeyCover keyboard case for iPad Air $15, more
- Multi-yr magazine subs w/ digital from $4.50 per year: GQ, Wired, Time, more
- B&H matches Amazon’s Pre-order sale on Samsung HDTVs for Black Friday
- Refurb. Apple AirPorts: Extreme (newest) $120 (Reg. $199 new), Express $60 (Reg. $99 new)
- Bluetooth car kits: MPOW FM transmitter: $35, Belkin handsfree $29
- $80 mobile app prototyping software for Mac goes free
- Omaker iPhone 6 slim bumper case $7 Prime shipped (orig. $30)
- Lenmar Meridian MFi 2300mAh iPhone 5/5s Battery Case $30 Prime shipped (Reg. $90)
- Free music downloads: Guardians Of The Galaxy (Awesome Mix Vol. 1), Lorde, more
- Free download: “How to build an iPhone App Using Swift” guide
- WD My Book 6TB USB 3.0 Desktop External Hard Drive $220 shipped (Reg. $249+)
- Marshall Stanmore Bluetooth Speaker (multiple colors) $340 shipped (Reg. $400)
- Worms 75% off iOS titles: Worms3, Armageddon, Crazy Golf HD, more
- Brother MFC-7360N 4-in-1 Laser Printer: $100 shipped (orig. $200)
- Amazon Prime deal: Adobe Photoshop Elements 13 (Mac/PC): $50 (Reg. $100)
- Sennheiser RS 180 Wireless Headphones $200 shipped (orig. $390)
- Sennheiser MM30i in-ear headphones w/ mic & remote $30 shipped (orig. $80), more
- Minisuit selfie stick pro w/ built-in Bluetooth $15 shipped (Reg. $20+)
- Minisuit selfie stick pro with built-in Bluetooth remote $15 shipped (Reg. $20+)
We’re updating our email newsletter with Black Friday/holiday shopping ideas and savings
- Best Buy’s 2014 Black Friday ad is out! Samsung 55″ 4K $900, iPad Air 2 $100 off, more
- Walmart’s Black Friday ad revealed: iPad mini w/ $30 GC $199, Xbox One/PS4 deals, more
- Pre-order Samsung Black Friday: 40″ 4K Smart TV $600, Blu-ray player $55, more
- Target Black Friday preview: iPad Air 2 w/$140 GC $499, iPad mini w/$80 GC $249, more
- Toys R Us Black Friday ad leak: PS4 bundles, BOGO 40% off games, more
- Staples Black Friday Ad: save 20% on iPad, printers, streaming devices, more
- GameStop’s full Black Friday ad leak: PS4 bundle $400, Xbox One from $330, more
All other leaks/info:
- BJ’s Wholesale Black Friday deals kick off this weekend
- GameStop pre-Black Friday sale w/ discounts on Disney Infinity 2.0 Marvel, more
- TigerDirect in-store Black Friday: WeMo, Xbox One bundles, Samsung 4K UHDTV, more
- Black Friday Ad Roundup: Costco, Bed Bath and Beyond, Old Navy, more
- hhgregg Black Friday Ad: Apple iPad Air $299, Beats by Dre Solo 2 $150, discounted HDTVs
- Black Friday Ad Roundup: Costco, Macy’s, CVS, Big Lots, more
- OfficeMax/Office Depot Black Friday: 20% off iTunes gift cards, more
- Staples Black Friday preview: Jawbone or Fitbit w/$25 Visa GC, more
- More Black Friday ad leaks: JCPenney, Kohl’s, Pier 1, Walgreens, more
- Sam’s Club: 60″ VIZIO 4K Smart UHDTV for under $1,000 ahead of Black Friday
- Sports Authority Black Friday: Garmin Vivofit $80, up to 70% off North Face, more
- Meijer Black Friday: $100 credit w/ iPads, Xbox One bundle w/ $50 credit $330, more
- Sears Black Friday leak: Samsung 55″ Smart HDTV $600, Dewalt drill kit $100, more
- Dell Black Friday ad leak: discounts on monitors, Xbox One/PS4, HDTVS, more
- Xbox One holiday price drop now live with prices starting at $349 (or lower)
- Amazon’s countdown to Black Friday kicks off w/ thousands of Lightning Deals
- Target announces free shipping for all items through the holiday shopping season
New products/ongoing promos:
- ShotTracker brings Bluetooth LE and data collection to your hoop game
- Twelve South makes the best iPhone 6/iPad dock even better
- Logitech AnyAngle is a protective case with an ‘any-angle’ stand for your iPad
- littleBits: DIY Smart Home Kit, options for creating an internet-connected home
- Logitech announces limited ed. UE BOOM Bluetooth speaker designed by Skrillex
- Ollie gets murdered-out with the new Darkside bundle, Sphero 2.0 $40 off
- Internet Archive brings 900 classic arcade titles to your web browser for free
- The thinnest iPhone 6/Plus cases we’ve found so far
things Stories October 16, 2014
With the release of OS X Yosemite today, app developers have started releasing redesigned or upgraded versions of their apps to incorporate the new features and design language found in the latest version of the Mac operating system. Among those are popular apps like 1Password, Airmail, and Things.
We’ll keep this list updated as more apps get updated, so check back often to see what new apps have been updated.
things Stories September 2, 2014
Cultured Code’s task management app Things has yet to receive an update on iPhone or iPad to fit in with Apple’s design direction introduced with iOS 7 as a major new version has long been in development, but it looks like users of Things will soon get a bit of relief in the form of an iOS 8 system extension.
A preview of the iOS 8 extension for Things has been added to the company’s status board for the app and shows text being copied and pasted from a website on Safari directly into a new entry on Things without leaving the web browser.
things Stories April 17, 2013
Things for Mac, iPad, and iPhone gets a speed boost, improved time zone support
The Things to-do management app for Mac OS X, iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch has been updated today with speed improvements for both the actual application and for downloading and syncing with the Things Cloud service.
We’ve identified the resource hogs and improved performance in key areas that were troublesome in the past. Below are some measurements we took before and after these improvements. Overall, the app now feels much more responsive, especially when you perform an action on multiple items at once.
Additionally, the application’s time zone support has been improved.
For this release we’ve been through and carefully adjusted all the date-related functionality in Things. It’s been a considerable amount of work, but these improvements – which affect scheduled dates, due dates, repeating tasks, local notifications, and the Daily Review – are a good and necessary foundation going forward.
I’ve been testing out the app updates for a couple of months now, and the improvements seem to live up to Cultured Code’s (the developer) claims.
Things is meant for users with many to-dos that need to sort their work into projects. With that in mind, the suite is a bit pricier than applications in the same category: Things for Mac (49.99), Things for iPad ($19.99), Things for iPhone/iPod touch($9.99). The three apps sync with a free Things Cloud system.
Release notes below: