Twelve South delivered a hit with its HoverBar Duo stand for iPad and iPhone and the evolution of the series has begun with the HoverBar Tower. I’ve been testing out the new floor stand for iPad that offers the flexibility to put the tablet in the right position for pretty much any use case.
Twelve South Stories November 30
Twelve South Stories November 2
Twelve South created a hit with its HoverBar Duo stand for iPad and iPhone and its bigger brother has arrived today – the HoverBar Tower. Available as an Apple Store exclusive, this new floor stand for iPad offers the flexibility to put the tablet in the right position for pretty much any use case you can think of.
Twelve South Stories October 27
Here’s an alternative to Belkin’s awkward Continuity Camera mount for iPhone
Twelve South Stories April 15, 2020
Twelve South launches ‘ColorKit’ wrap system for MacBook Pro in five colors
Twelve South is out today with its latest Apple accessory to spice up your MacBook Pro. ColorKit is a wrap system that covers your whole computer and even includes a matching keyboard cover in a choice of five colors.
Twelve South Stories December 18, 2019
Twelve South launches its classy AirSnap leather case for AirPods Pro
Twelve South has released a new version of its popular AirPods leather case for AirPods Pro today. The classy AirSnap Pro features the same overall leather build as the one for AirPods but reworked for the larger AirPods Pro charging case.
Twelve South Stories August 6, 2019
Twelve South refreshes AirSnap case for AirPods with new twill options, supports wireless charging
Twelve South is out today with a new version of its AirSnap case for AirPods. Previously only available in leather, AirSnap now comes in a twill variant in a choice of two shades of grey.
Twelve South Stories July 23, 2019
TwelveSouth StayGo USB-C portable hub adds I/O to MacBooks, features retractable cable
TwelveSouth is today launching a new accessory called the StayGo. The StayGo is a portable USB-C hub that can add back the kind of I/O ports lost in Apple’s transition to all-USB-C MacBooks.
Twelve South Stories May 28, 2019
Twelve South Stories November 15, 2018
Twelve South Stories November 12, 2018
The Twelve South Journal for MacBook is the company’s latest Apple accessory. With the option to use your MacBook while it’s in the case or easily remove it, the beautiful zippered, leather case offers a nice blend of function and form. Another addition to the Journal lineup is the new accessory organizer, CaddySack.
Twelve South Stories November 7, 2018
Hands-on: Twelve South PowerPic Wireless Charger – old school meets new school [Video]
Today, Twelve South released its latest Apple-related product — the PowerPic Wireless Charger. This Qi-enabled charger looks like a picture frame, because that’s what it actually is. Twelve South combined a 5×7 New Zealand pine picture frame with a 10W-rated wireless charger that will power up your iPhone.
Twelve South Stories August 23, 2018
Twelve South Stories July 31, 2018
When Apple’s AirPods originally debuted, the possibility of losing one or both of the wireless earbuds was a major concern. Apple later added a Find My AirPods feature that helps you locate lost earbuds by playing a loud sound from the speaker, but that’s not as useful when your AirPods are lost in their charging case.
Twelve South wants to make keeping up with your AirPods and charging case easier with its new AirSnap carrying case. AirSnap is a $29 leather pouch that protects your charging case and clips to your backpack or bag so your AirPods don’t go missing in action.
Twelve South Stories February 14, 2018
Apple accessory maker Twelve South today launched a new SurfacePad cover for the iPhone X. More like a Smart Cover for the iPhone than a traditional case, it protects the front and rear of your iPhone X, while providing sleep/wake functionality by way of a magnetized front cover.
The iPhone X SurfacePad also provides two handy credit card slots, works as a stand for videos and FaceTime calls, and is comprised of full-grain leather instead of Napa leather like the previous version. As a result, users can expect the updated cover to have a longer lifespan and wear in better over time.
The $49.99 SurfacePad is available in three colors: Black, Cognac, and Deep Teal. Twelve South sent us samples of the latter two to examine. Watch our hands-on impressions for more details. expand full story
Twelve South Stories December 12, 2017
Twelve South releases new slick HiRise Pro stand for iMac and iMac Pro
Twelve South has today released its latest Mac accessory alongside Apple’s announcement that iMac Pro orders will start on December 14. Even if you don’t plan on splurging on the $5,000+ iMac Pro, this new slick accessory will work for any iMac as well as many displays.
Twelve South Stories August 15, 2017
Twelve South unveils matte black aluminum Curve stand for MacBook
Twelve South is out today with a newly designed MacBook Pro stand called Curve. Designed specifically for modern Apple notebooks, Curve features two padded arms with lips on either side that hold your MacBook in place without blocking the lid opening.
Twelve South Stories February 23, 2017
Twelve South Stories February 16, 2017
As an owner of the LG UltraFine 5K Display, I often find myself using my 2016 MacBook Pro in closed-display (clamshell) mode with a keyboard attached to the display’s USB-C port. This allows me to enjoy the best of both worlds — a portable machine for when I’m on the go, and a 5K desktop setup for when I’m stationed at my desk.
Anyone who uses closed-display mode on a regular basis knows that having your MacBook Pro sitting flat on your desk takes can take up a significant amount of prime real estate on the desk top. It’s why vertical stands like Twelve South’s BookArc have been so popular with MacBook users over the years.
In this brief hands-on video, we take a look at the recently-updated BookArc, which includes a new rubber insert that’s specially designed to make the vertical stand play nice with the 2016 MacBook Pro. expand full story
Twelve South Stories December 15, 2016
Twelve South Stories November 3, 2016
This week Twelve South launched its new Fermata headphone charging stand. The stand, which is geared towards wireless headphones, features an integrated power cable to easily facilitate recharging. Have a look at our hands-on video walkthrough as we unbox, setup and showcase Fermata’s features. expand full story
Twelve South Stories April 7, 2016
Twelve South introduces new TimePorter capsule for Apple Watch and charger
Twelve South today has unveiled their new TimePorter travel tote and portable charging stand for the Apple Watch. The TimePorter case resembles a premium eyeglass case, and includes space to hold the Apple Watch charging cable, extra Watch bands, and the USB charger. The case also doubles as a charging stand and Apple Watch display when opened up. TimePorter joins the Forté and HiRise in Twelve South’s current line-up of Apple Watch stands.
Twelve South Stories December 7, 2015
Twelve South is probably best known for its extremely cute BookBook cases for MacBooks, for iPads and even for iPhones. But it offers a range of other products, including the ParcSlope MacBook stand released earlier this year. Designed for those who don’t want a full desktop docking system but want to raise both keyboard and screen to a more comfortable angle, the device is now seeing a new application: as a stand for the iPad Pro …
Twelve South Stories October 23, 2015
9to5Toys Last Call: Apple Watch Target discount, 13” Retina MacBook Pro $1,080, Twelve South accessories up to 70% off, more
Today’s can’t miss deals:
Last Call Updates:
USB Roundup: Dual port wall charger + MFi Lightning cable $8 Prime shipped, more
- HooToo Wireless Travel Router and 10400mAh External Charger $40 shipped (Reg $60)
- Use your smartphone as a controller for these AirConsole Mac/PC browser games
- Get started with Google’s Express delivery service: $35 credit for $10
- Dyson’s pricey 360 Eye robo-vac finally sees the light of day
- Sports/Fitness: 3-in-1 waterproof LED lantern/flashlight $6 (Reg. $9+), Swiss Army Tomo Knife $7 (Reg. $12), more
- Marvel’s limited edition 13-disc Phase Two Blu-ray collection arrives just in time for the holidays
- Freebies: Nightmare Before Christmas soundtrack + METRO 2033 eBook + Redbox movie/game rental + More!
- Home: Black + Decker handheld car vac $30 (Reg. $40+), Rowenta bagless upright vac $80 (Reg. $150), more
PSA: Apple Watch is now live at Target. REDcard holders can save 5% on all configurations. That’s not a huge discount, but it’s the best current deal you’ll find. Another option is to go through B&H to take advantage of potential tax benefits. The lowest historical prices we’ve seen so far on Apple Watch came two weeks ago when the 38mm was $480 and the 42mm was $520. However you can find low prices for 3rd party replacement bands right now on Amazon.
Apple 13-inch Retina MacBook Pro (newest model) 2.7GHz/8GB/128GB: $1,080 shipped (Reg. $1,299)
Save up to 70% on Twelve South Apple Accessories: BookBook for iPad Air $45 shipped (Orig. $80), more
App Store Free App of the Week: Dr. Panda’s Mailman ($4 value)
Best Buy lands the first major blow in this year’s battle for holiday shoppers
Amazon thinks leaving your house is over-rated, expands Prime free same-day delivery service
Dell Black Friday Ad Leak: Gears of War Xbox One w/ Fallout 4 + controller $300, VIZIO 60-Inch 4K HDTV $800, more
More new gear from today:
Daily Deals: Logitech Performance Mouse MX $45, SanDisk 64GB Flash Memory Card for MacBook Air $44, more
- Games/Apps: GOW Xbox One bundle w/ Destiny Legendary $349, Flick Kick Football free, more
- Gift Cards up to 20% off: JCPenney, Sports Authority, GameStop, Outback Steakhouse, more
- Amazon Gold Box – FlashForge 3D Printer Creator Pro $959 shipped (Orig. $1,349)
- LEGO Deals: Architecture Big Ben $20 Prime shipped (Reg. $30), Cargo Heliplane $9, more
More deals still alive:
iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi 16GB in Silver or Space Gray: $230 shipped (Reg. $269)
Get a 64GB Wi-Fi iPad Air 2 for less than Apple charges for 16GB: $490 shipped (Reg. $599)
proXPN VPN: Premium Lifetime Subscription for $39 ($375 value)
- Seagate 4TB Portable USB 3 Hard Drive w/ 200GB Cloud: $150 shipped
- Netflix November Preview: Marvel’s Jessica Jones, Seven Deadly Sins, Aziz Ansari, more
- Logitech K480 Multi-Device Bluetooth Keyboard $35 shipped (Reg. $50)
- Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 interface + Sennheiser HD600 + Condenser Mic $400 shipped ($655 value)
- TP-Link Archer C7 802.11ac Router + DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem $130 shipped ($155+ value)
- Get ready for Halloween with Best Buy’s $5 horror Blu-ray sale: The Silence of the Lambs, Mad Max, more
- GoPro HERO4 Silver Action Camera w/ built-in LCD display: $329 shipped (Reg. $400)
- VIZIO 2.1 Sound Stand w/ subwoofer & remote $100 shipped (Orig. $250)
- Bluetooth Sport Earbuds w/ Prime shipping: Aukey Around-Neck $17 (Reg. $30), more
- Timbuk2 40% off Sale: Dashboard MacBook Messenger Bag from $59 (Orig. $109), more
- KMASHI 10,000mAh Battery $9 (Reg. $14), 6-Ft. Braided MFi Lightning Cable $8.50, more
- Media: Spider-Man Blu-ray Trilogy $14 (Reg. $32), $1 HD movie rentals, more
- Bluetooth Speakers: Mpow Armor Waterproof $20 Prime shipped (Reg. $36)
- 2.1-Ch. Home Audio: LG Soundbar 120W (refurb) $65 (Orig. $149)
- Acer Chromebook 1.50GHz/4GB/16GB SSD: $249 shipped (Reg. $279)
- Amazon and Toys R Us give a peek at this year’s must-have holiday gifts
- Ticket To Ride goes free on iPhone for the first time in years (Reg. $2)
- 50% off Fashion Sales: PUMA – Down Jacket $75 (Orig. $150), more
- Samsung Smart 4K HDTVs: 40-inch $550 (Reg. $700+), 50-inch $699 (Reg. $1,000+)
- Jawbone UP Move Activity Tracker: $20 w/ in-store pickup (Reg. $50)
- Display your iPhone 6/s w/ this Mpow Car Air Vent Mount $5 shipped (Reg. $9)
- Adjustable iPad mount for $17 Prime shipped (Orig. $30)
New products & more:
The MiniBrew launches on Indiegogo as an iPhone-connected way to make your own beer
Bird of Prey’s prone-style bicycle puts the rider facedown while riding
- Garmin drops the bulk and adds color with its new Forerunner wearables
- D-Link’s latest surveillance cameras go wide-angle with “less distortion” than the competition
- Libratone introduces multi-room audio alongside two new colorful ZIPP speakers
- Guitar Hero Live lands on iOS with a new mobile instrument bundle
- Gold is Best: This one-off Macintosh is a must see with its walnut enclosure and shiny keyboard
- This mini Segway hopes to take-off with its affordable price tag and compact design
- You’ll have to hurry to grab one of these limited edition Fallout 4 Xbox One controllers
Twelve South Stories October 17, 2015
Twelve South’s original Apple Watch stand, HiRise for Apple Watch, was early to market for a reason: it was derived from the company’s popular HiRise stands for iPhones, tweaked just enough to hold and charge the smaller Watch. It made our list of the Best Apple Watch Stands and Docks because it was a good first stab at the category, but based on Twelve South’s many cool Mac, iPad, and iPhone accessories, I knew that the company could do better.
Five months after HiRise hit stores, Twelve South has released Forté ($60), a considerably classier Apple Watch stand that looks and feels far closer to an Apple design. Replacing HiRise’s sandblasted aluminum with a chrome-plated metal alloy and grain leather, Forté has the good looks and substantial weight of an Apple dock, with only a couple of telltale signs that it’s a third-party product. Read on for the details…