Following today’s Apple event, all-new MagSafe iPhone cases have been made available to order on the Apple Store – this new Spring collection includes a wide variety of tones for Apple’s silicone cases. The company also debuted new colors for Apple Watch bands.
iPhone cases Stories March 8
iPhone cases Stories June 14, 2021
Apple has added a few new iPhone 12 silicone cases to the online store. The new colors include sunflower, cloud blue, and electric orange. All three colors are available for each of the four iPhone 12 models. They are priced at the same $49 and are available for delivery starting this Wednesday.
iPhone cases Stories April 15, 2021
iPhone cases Stories February 18, 2021
Watch bands tend to be a major new release every spring for Apple. Even when there isn’t a major hardware announcement, we’ve always been able to count on bands being refreshed. So far this year, we’ve gotten one new watch band in the form of the Unity band to celebrate Black History Month.
iPhone cases Stories March 21, 2017
Alongside the new (RED) iPhone, Apple has also given existing iPhone 7/Plus owners the chance to update the color of their phone with a range of six new cases. These match the colors of the new Watch bands also announced today.
As with the bands, the new colors are split between silicone and leather. You might need a color chart to make sense of some of the names, though …
iPhone cases Stories December 10, 2015
ASUS and LG mock Apple’s ‘bumpy’ iPhone battery case
Earlier this week, Apple launched its very first official battery case for the iPhone 6/6s. It’d be an understatement to say that it got some attention on social media, mostly from people who couldn’t believe the design-focused company released something so hideous. In fact, you’ll be hard pushed to find someone who has something good to say about the way the case looks.
Not to miss a good marketing opportunity, ASUS and LG were among those mocking the battery case and using it to sell the benefits of its own products. ASUS was keen to point out that, even with the battery case attached, the iPhone 6 is still no match for the ZenFone Max. ASUS claims its 5000mAh battery-powered smartphone can handle 2 hours more video playback, 2 hour more internet use and 12 hours more talk time than a case-equipped iPhone.
Meanwhile, LG took a slightly different line with the V10, ribbing the Apple case’s ‘bumpy’ design. Incidentally, LG’s V10 has a 3,000mAh battery which you can fast-charge up to 50% in just 40mins. :
It’s no surprise to see the companies exploiting a weakness in Apple’s armor to fuel their own marketing efforts, and the Cupertino-based company could certainly have tried to make it a little harder. Right now, the humped battery case is an easy target.
One thing no company has mocked is perhaps the one thing that has impressed all of us: iOS integration. When an iPhone has a Smart Battery Case attached, it displays both the phone and case’s battery levels in the notification drawer’s ‘Today’ view. What’s more, it charges the iPhone automatically and charges via Lightning cable. Those are some convenient features, for sure. Whether or not you’d want a ‘bumpy’ case in your hand to gain those features is another matter entirely.
iPhone cases Stories December 8, 2015
Like many this morning, my first reaction to Apple’s Smart Battery Case was … what the heck? Albeit not expressed in those exact words. Seth tweeted that it seemed to be evidence that Jony Ive has left the building.
My colleague Jeremy has addressed the battery case specifically, but I think there’s a broader issue here. Apple claims to sweat the details when it comes to the design of its devices, and – a few grumbles aside – I think that’s a legitimate claim on the aesthetic front. It does go to obsessive lengths when it comes to making its devices as visually pleasing as possible. One part of that obsession is making iPhones as thin as it can.
But, to my mind, the company has an almost schizophrenic attitude here. It goes to all that trouble to make the phones as slim and sleek as humanly possible, yet it knows full well that the first thing the vast majority of owners do when they take delivery is to slip the phone into a case. Those cases substantially increase the thickness, and hide the design.
Which brings us to problem two … expand full story
iPhone cases Stories September 10, 2015
With the iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus debuting next week, it’s important to start thinking about how to make sure your new phone is protected as soon as you get it. At some point, you’ll probably want to resell your phone for top dollar to upgrade to the iPhone 7s, and getting the best price will require your device to be in like-new condition. The smartest way to protect your iPhone is with the updated Speck CandyShell series or new MightyShell line. “Designed for Impact” and available in all-new styles, Speck’s CandyShell cases have a perfect combination of great looks, protection, and accessory compatibility for your new iPhone.
We’ve checked out Speck’s all-new CandyShell series for the iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus, and the cases are certainly impressive. Each one-piece case is made with two bonded layers — one soft, one hard — together creating a snug fit and incredibly easy installation. But unlike competitors, the CandyShell cases have almost no bulk, keeping your iPhone nearly as thin as they’d be without cases. And the latest clear CandyShell lets you see your iPhone 6s/6s Plus’s colors through an all-new design, available for the first time for both 4.7″ and 5.5″ iPhone sizes. Below, you’ll get a first look at some brand new CandyShell and MightyShell versions at great prices, available to order today…
iPhone cases Stories August 18, 2015
Apple is preparing to make significant changes to its stores to simplify the experience by relocating iPod stock to accessory shelves and removing iPad-based Smart Signs, according to several Apple Retail managers briefed today on the plans. Apple will begin rolling out these notable changes overnight on Tuesday of next week to stores in the United States so that customers who begin coming in on Wednesday see the refreshed look.
iPhone cases Stories January 6, 2015
There is a never ending supply of new iPhone cases at CES again this year, so we’ve decided to roundup the best of the best below. Some of the cases include backup batteries, others offer charging via built-in solar panels, and one includes a detachable Bluetooth speaker. One of the new cases even claims to “defend against the bend,” a jab at the iPhone 6 Plus bending controversy of last year. Head below for the run down on the growing list of iPhone cases launching at CES: expand full story
iPhone cases Stories December 17, 2014
Personal preferences differ enough that there’s no single style of iPhone case that’s “right” for every person. Some people prefer “playthrough” cases that always expose the iPhone’s screen; others like flip-style cases with lids that open like books. Today, we’re looking at two cases of each type for the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus: Twelve South’s latest BookBook and Tech21’s Classic Shell with Cover are flip-style designs, while Tech21’s Classic Frame and Classic Shell are playthrough cases.
One of these is the best case of its type that we’ve ever seen, while the others are all good.
iPhone cases Stories November 28, 2014
9to5Toys Black Friday: Sabrent 10-port USB charger $20, Macs up to $200 off, Made In America deals, Anki $99, more
Made in America Black Friday Deals: This is Ground, Spool Dock, DODOcase, more
Anki Drive Starter Kit, iOS-controlled killer robot car racing game $99 shipped (Reg. $150)
Continue on for the rest of our favorite Black Friday tech deals:
iPhone cases Stories August 20, 2014
9to5Toys Lunch Break: iPad Air from $365 w/ .edu, Case-Mate 60% off, Samsung 48″ smart HDTV $600, more
Today’s can’t miss deals:
- Best Buy takes $75 off most iPad Air models, as low as $365 w/ .edu
- Apple iPad mini for $199 (33% off) goes live at Target stores
- Apple giving out five Newsstand magazines a day till Aug. 22 in the UK
- Apple cuts prices of all Beats by Dre products by 10% through Aug. 23rd
- The Apple Store now sells an $89 refurbished iPod touch and it may actually be worth your time/money
Samsung 48″ 1080p Smart HDTV 120Hz $600 shipped (Reg. $1000)
- Western Digital 2TB Elements Portable USB 3.0 Hard Drive for $85 shipped (orig. $130)
- Two Seagate 5TB USB 3.0 Desktop Hard Drives $320 shipped (Reg. $360), more
- Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5-Inch SSD $118.99 shipped (orig. $150)
Other new deals:
- New! iClever 360 dash mount and dual USB Charger $13 (Reg. $19)
- New! Games/Apps: BioShock Infinite $10, 1yr. PS Plus $40 (Reg. $50), more
- New! Daily Deals: Yamaha BT Soundbar: $140, WD 3TB HD: $100, more
- New! One-year magazine subs: Men’s Health & Fitness $10, Macworld, more
- New! TRENDnet 500AV Nano Adapter Powerline Kit $25 Prime shipped (Reg. $40+)
- New! iRig PRO Audio/Midi interface for iOS and Mac $118 shipped (Reg. $150)
- New! Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 NOOK available for $179 w/ 10% discount & $200 in content
More tech deals still alive:
- Bluetooth Speakers: JBL Charge Portable $100 shipped (orig. $170)
- Media: Captain America early iTunes/3D Blu-ray, Chuck series Blu-ray $67, more
- Powerline kits: D-Link AV500 Mini $30 shipped (Reg. $40+), more
- Foscam Wireless Pan and Tilt Network Camera $50 shipped (orig. $150)
- Jabra REVO Corded Stereo Headphones: $70 shipped (orig. $200)
- Brother Laser Multi-Function $100 (Reg. $149), Brother 4-in-1 $50 (Reg. $100)
- Nike clearance extra 25% off: save on NFL/MLB fan gear, sports apparel, more
- Monitors: Samsung SD590 Series 24″ $199/27″ $243 (Reg. $260/$300), more
- WD 4TB My Cloud Mirror personal cloud storage $300 shipped (reg. $400)
- Bowers & Wilkins Z2 AirPlay speaker w/ Lightning dock $200 shipped (orig. $400)
- USB Battery Roundup: Anker 13000mAh $30, more
- RAVPower Element 10400mAh external power bank: $25 shipped (Reg. $36)
- Olloclip 4-in-1 Lens System & Quick-Flip Case for iPhone 5/5s $45 shipped (orig. $100)
- Home Deals: Smartphone controlled scale $23, kitchen items, vacs, more
- Home Deals: Cuisinart Grind-and-Brew $60, more
- Amazon fashion coupon 20% off clothing, shoes, watches, and more
New products/ongoing promos:
- Samsung introduces new Level Box mini Bluetooth speaker w/ 25 hours of battery life
- TCL Roku-enabled HDTV available today for pre-order
- DSTRUX iOS app makes it safe to share risqué photos on Facebook
- LEGO Fusion brings your physical creations to life inside of companion mobile apps
- Award-winning MacLovin’ Bundle $40
- Review: Omaker MOMI Ultra Portable Metallic Wireless BT Speaker: $16 (Orig. $80)
- Philips introduces new $30 iOS/Android-controlled Hue bulb, now available for preorder
- New LED laden shower head packs a waterproof Bluetooth speaker
- Introducing the OM/ONE: The world’s first floating Bluetooth speaker
- GeckoEye is a mini solar powered surveillance cam that can be mounted “anywhere”
- Jabra Stealth Bluetooth headset goes next level with Siri and Google Now control
- Timex introduces its ‘no phone required’ Ironman GPS One+ smartwatch
- Navdy HUD may finally make it safe to tweet and drive, save 40% when you preorder
iPhone cases Stories June 23, 2014
OtterBox is adding a new collection of protective cases to its accessory lineup today with the introduction of its new Resurgence series. The Resurgence case is similar in concept to other battery pack case offerings from Mophie and similar case makers, but the Resurgence iPhone case boasts Military-rated drop protection (MIL STD 810G-516.6) as you would expect from an OtterBox case.
Superior protection isn’t the only extra benefit to OtterBox’s charing case. The 2,000 milliamp hour nominal lithium ion battery doubles your iPhone battery usage, and OtterBox says the Resurgence case will automatically stop charging your iPhone when your battery reaches full capacity. This auto-stop technology differs from other battery packs which continue to charge your device despite being full… expand full story
iPhone cases Stories September 11, 2013
A small surprise yesterday during Apple’s introduction of the new iPhone 5c and iPhone 5s was the launch of new cases for the devices. The iPhone 5s gets a new leather case in six colors, and the 5c gets colourful silicone cases with small circular cutouts meant to show off the iPhone’s color underneath. The silicone 5c cases don’t seem to be getting the best response following yesterday’s unveiling, but the good news is there are already several reputable case manufacturers with cases available for both the iPhone 5c and 5s.
The biggest complaint (apart from comparisons to crocs) seems to be lack of attention to detail, highlighted best in the image of the “iPhone” text to the right. If Apple’s new cases won’t cut it, below we’ve put together a roundup of the best cases from around the web that are already available to order and coming soon for the launch of the device later this month. expand full story
iPhone cases Stories September 2, 2013
As the success stories keep piling up, so do the number of projects filling up crowdfunding websites with, among other things, neat hardware- and software-related products. Some projects, like Pebble, gain thousands of supporters as well as millions of dollars in funding (and end up at Best Buy’s retail stores). Other projects flop and don’t reach their necessary funding amount.
Rather than make you sift through all of these projects, we’re rounding up the best or most notable projects from around the web and delivering them to you in a simple roundup.
If there’s a project that you’ve backed – or even a project that you founded – be sure to leave a link below so it can be considered for the next roundup.
- Qooqi for your cables (Kickstarter project) – All of my cables like to fall off my desk and into oblivion. I’ve tried small, adhesive cord holders in the past, but usually the cords tug on the holder so much that peel off. Qooqi, on the other hand, uses what they call “nano pad tad technology” which sounds a lot like the microsuction of my favorite NanoTek Stand dock.I personally backed this project and it has already exceeded its $10k goal. Expect the Qooqi to ship out in December. expand full story
iPhone cases Stories August 30, 2013
With a gold iPhone 5S and multi-colored iPhone 5C expected on September 10th, Mophie has responded by offering a choice of five different colors for the Juice Pack Helium external battery-case for the iPhone 5/5S which we reviewed back in March.
[We] today announced five distinctive new colors for the juice pack helium: blue, purple, pink, green and red. The new matte-finish, jewel-tone cases wrap serious protection and power in a burst of color, delivering 80 percent more battery life and edge-to-edge protection against the drops, bumps and scratches of everyday mobile device use.
You can pick up Mophie Helium Juicepacks at Amazon starting at $68 or on Mophie.com for $79.99 retail price. expand full story
iPhone cases Stories July 11, 2013
9to5Toys Last Call: Up to 83% off Incase Apple accessories, $40 Logitech Ultrathin iPad keyboard case (Refurb), Mac/iPad deals, more
A large majority of the deals we cover each day come from a variety of ‘Daily Deal’ websites or are so popular that they don’t even last 24 hours. We know you can’t be at your computer every second, so we’re going to round up the best deals each day to make sure you have a fair shot at the deals you want. Be sure to follow 9to5Toys.com so you never miss a deal... Twitter, RSS Feed, Facebook, Google+
Today’s Featured deals:
Up to 83% off Incase Apple Mac/iPhone/iPad accessories (Bags, Cases, Sleeves, more)
Logitech Ultrathin Bluetooth Keyboard/Cover/Stand for iPad (red/black/white-refurb): $40 shipped
Save 50% on Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (Mac/iOS), Angry Birds Star Wars FREE, more
Homerun Battle 2: FREE, NYTimes 1 Week FREE trial, more
Gamers’ Deals & Free iOS EA Games: Dead Space, Mirror’s Edge, The Sims Medieval
Apple App Store 5th Anniversary Sale: Infinity Blade II, Over, Badland, Where’s My Water?, Traktor DJ, more
Apple MacBook Air 11.6″ 1.3GHz i5 Haswell processor, 128GB SSD, 802.11ac WiFi $949 (Reg. $999). Also available with a 256GB SSD for $1,149 (Reg. $1,199).
MacBook Pro 13″ (MD101LL/A) 500GB, 4GB RAM, 2.5GHz i5 $999 (Reg. $1,199)
Retina MacBook Pro (MD212LL/A) 128GB SSD, 8GB RAM, 2.5 GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor $1,399 (Reg. $1,499)
Apple iPad 3rd Generation 16GB w/Verizon LTE, Retina display (Black or White) $399 shipped
Apple iPod Shuffle 4th Gen. 2GB (blue, silver, orange, green) $38 + free shipping
The Summer 2013 Mac Bundle Ft. Parallels Desktop 8 For Mac for $50 (89% off)
Other great deals we love:
- New! Seiki Digital 50″ 4K Ultra HDTV, 120Hz, LED $966 (Reg. $1,500)
- New! Synology DiskStation 2-Bay NAS Server $170 Shipped (Reg. $189)
- New! iOttie Easy View iPhone Car Windshield/Dashboard Mount $12.50 + Free Shipping (Reg. $25)
New! 3M 30-pin/VGA 32 Lumen pocket LED projector with built-in stereo speakers: $95 Shipped
- New! Canon EOS-M Mirrorless Digital Camera with EF-M 22mm f/2 STM lens $294 Shipped
- Samsung HW-E450 AudioBar w/ Wireless Subwoofer manufacturer refurb: $150 (Reg. up to $349)
- Brother Compact Laser Printer w/ Wireless Networking and Duplex $78 Shipped (Reg. $150)
- NYNE NB-200 Portable Bluetooth Speaker w/ bicycle handlebar attachment $55 Shipped (Reg. $80)
- Logitech Bluetooth Easy-Switch Illuminated Keyboard K811 Mac version $73 (Reg. $100)
- Amazon Instant Video Half Yearly Sale: Hundreds of free TV show pilots, $.99 movie rentals, more
- Save $30 on all Kindle Fire HD tablets, starting at just $169 w/ free shipping
- Amazon Digital Games Summer Sale: freebies & price drops for Mac & PC games
- $15 off $50 purchases at Newegg: 2TB WD My Book HD: $85, The Last of Us: $45, more
iPhone cases Stories July 1, 2013
9to5Toys Last Call: 14% off $50 iTunes Gift Card, Incipio/OtterBox iPhone cases from $5, smartphone car mount $8, more
A large majority of the deals we cover each day come from a variety of ‘Daily Deal’ websites or are so popular that they don’t even last 24 hours. We know you can’t be at your computer every second, so we’re going to round up the best deals each day to make sure you have a fair shot at the deals you want. Be sure to follow 9to5Toys.com so you never miss a deal... Twitter, RSS Feed, Facebook
Today’s Featured deals:
As one of their Daily Deals, eBay is offering a $50 iTunes gift card for just $43 with free shipping, a total savings of 14%. Each card can be redeemed for music, movies, apps, books and more from the iTunes Store, App Store, iBook Store and all other Apple digital distribution stores. This is a perfect way to save on expensive Apps like the iWork / iLife suite or even OS X Mavericks when it is released.
iPhone Case Deals:
Incipio Stowaway (iP5) $5 Shipped, OtterBox Impact Series (iP4/4S) $10 + $3 Shipping, more
*The Incipio Stowaway case is now sold out, but you can still grab an Incipio Textured Impact Resistant case or one of several iLuv (Snoopy design) cases for $5 and $4.50 respectively.
Universal Car Mount with 360-Degree Rotation and Adjustable Fit $8 Shipped
ONKYO TX-NR616 7.2-Channel THX Certified Network A/V Receiver $300 Shipped (Reg. $350)
Apple TV integration, streaming services (Pandora, Slacker, SiriusXM), USB port for iPod/iPhone/iPad
Other great deals we love:
- New! JLab Crasher Portable Bluetooth Speaker w/ USB charging port (many colors avail.) $40 Shipped (Reg. $100)
- New! 10FT Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Cable $14 Shipped
- New! Western Digital 2TB My Book for Mac External Hard Drive $70 Shipped
- New! Game/App deals: Bioshock Infinite Premium: $45, Hitman Absolution: $12, iOS freebies, more
- New! 24″ VIZIO 1080p 60Hz Razor LED HDTV (Refurb.) $130 + $5 Shipping (Reg. $180 new)
- New! Roku 2 XS 1080p HD Streaming Video Player w/ WiFi, Angry Birds (Refurb) $50 Shipped (Reg. $75 new)
- New! Up to 67% off PNY USB 2.0 Flash Drives: 8GB $7, 16GB $10, 32GB $20 w/ free shipping
- Save $30 on all Kindle Fire HD tablets, starting at just $169 w/ free shipping
- Gamers’ Deals: MLB 13 The Show (PS3) $25, Amazon Digital Games Summer Sale: freebies & price drops
- LaCie 1TB Rugged Thunderbolt HD refurb: $140, LaCie 3TB d2 Thunderbolt HD: $190 shipped
- ViewSonic PJD5223 XGA DLP 3D-Ready Projector $300 Shipped (Reg. $350)
- Panasonic In-Ear Headphones $4 – $7 depending on color (Free shipping on orders over $25)
- Apple iPad 4th Gen. w/ Retina Display 16GB WiFI (black or white) $450 Shipped (Reg. $500)
- Logitech Bluetooth Illuminated Keyboard K810 $60 Shipped (Reg. $100)
- Toshiba Canvio 1.5TB USB 3.0 Portable Hard Drive $90 Shipped (Reg. $170)
iPhone cases Stories June 3, 2013
We’ve seen OtterBox frequent the headlines lately, most recently for announcing at CTIA that it acquired its competitor LifeProof, and we’ve served up several hands-on reviews of their products.
I recently had the opportunity to discuss OtterBox and its vision for the future with President and CEO Brian Thomas, who is a former high school teacher turned company leader.
OtterBox, for me, is the defacto hyper-protective case maker and king of their market, but Apple and Jony Ive have increasingly thrilled us with beautiful hardware design of iPhone after iPhone. I wondered if there is room for an OtterBox product in every user’s life, especially those who most admire Apple’s design aesthetic. expand full story
iPhone cases Stories May 22, 2013
As expected, Otterbox acquires fellow case maker LifeProof
During a question and answer session, executives from both companies revealed that the deal was 120 days in the making.While LifeProof will be embedded into Otterbox, the companies shared that the LifeProof branding is well-known and will be retained in some yet-to-be determined fashion.
iPhone cases Stories May 21, 2013
As I mentioned in my review of a couple of wood cases, I’m not normally a case kind of guy. I’ve never quite seen the point of paying a premium for something beautifully designed and then hiding it away inside a case.
However, a cycling holiday from the Netherlands to Denmark in which my iPhone would be used for both photos and video suggested that at least a temporary change of policy might be in order. Videoing while cycling always carries the risk of an unintended phone-road interface, and using it with the screen on a lot during some long days might also be pushing the battery-life … expand full story
iPhone cases Stories April 23, 2013
Otterbox has just released the iPhone 4/4S Defender Series case with iON Intelligence. In addition to the rugged protection you’ve come to expect from OtterBox, this case also features a backup battery and intelligent power management app. According to Otterbox, “The iON intelligence software is an app that estimates battery power and predicts battery time remaining by monitoring device usage habits.”
This hardware and software combo enables iPhone users to continually use their devices without worrying about battery life. The case eliminates the typically frustrations of battery case owners by “clearly displaying the power status for both the case and device and intelligently predicts when the phone battery will run out.” The Defender Series with iON Intelligence iPhone 4/4S case is available now with a retail price of $130, but for a limited time you can save 15% with coupon code “AM2012” bringing the price down to $110.50.
And yes, we’re told an iPhone 5 version is in the works. More images and full press release follows:
iPhone cases Stories April 15, 2013
I’ve never been greatly enamoured of the concept of phone cases. You pay all that money for a beautiful design that Jony Ive and his team sweated over for months, then hide it in some butt-ugly plastic case.
I’ve always just used a matte screen-protector (as much to remove reflections as protect the screen from damage) and a Zagg stick-on leather cover for the rear, leaving the phone reasonably well-protected from scratches but without making it look like something bought from Toys-R-Us.
But I was intrigued when I saw that a couple of companies had brought out iPhone cases made from real wood. I love wood as a material, so decided to give the cases a try. On test here are the Zagg ifrogz Natural Wood Case for iPhone 5 and the Miniot iWood for iPhone 3/4/5 … expand full story