Although it’s likely that no deal will ever surpass Micro Center’s ridiculous $1000 off it recently ran for the iMac Pro, this one comes closest. B&H is offering $500 off any available iMac Pro SKU. That means that you can potentially score a base model 8-core iMac Pro, for $4494.00 out the door. expand full story
deal Stories January 23, 2018
deal Stories August 3, 2017
AT&T today announced a pair of promotions for those interested in an iPhone and DirecTV. The carrier is running a buy one get one promotion for the iPhone 7, as well as a deal that could get you a free iPad…
deal Stories June 15, 2016
[UPDATE: Apple’s Back To School program has now launched in China, as well.]
Apple’s 2016 Back to School Beats kicked off in the United States at the beginning of the month and has today expanded internationally across Europe. Students in United Kingdom, France, Germany, Netherlands and more can now take advantage of the summer promotion at Apple Stores in their country as well as online.
Like the US, eligible purchases of certain Macs come with free Beats Solo2 wireless headphones worth $299 at retail. For iPad and iPhone, select iOS device purchases come with free Beats Powerbeats2 wireless headphones, worth $199 at retail.
deal Stories April 26, 2016
Best Buy offering $1 iPhone 6s (16GB) on Sprint contract (or $100 gift card w/ installment plan)
Best Buy is offering the 16GB iPhone 6s on Sprint for just $1 this week, a $199 savings on the device’s normal price on the usual two-year carrier contract.
deal Stories February 16, 2016
Verizon today has announced the return of its popular promo that offers users an extra 24GB of data per year for free. The deal is available to users who activate or upgrade to a new phone with a device payment plan on XL or larger Verizon agreements. Verizon’s XL plan starts at $80 per month with 12GB of data (14GB if you include the promo), while the XXL plan runs $100 per month for 18GB of data (20GB with the promo).
deal Stories December 18, 2015
This is one of the best deals yet on our favorite all-in-one, iPhone-controlled home security system and air quality detector.
Just in time for the holidays, get $20 off Canary. That brings the price down to $179 from the regular $199. Better yet, you can save a total of $50 off regular price when purchasing the Canary Two-Pack.
This Wi-Fi, smartphone-connected security system does a whole lot more than the webcam style security cameras gaining popularity recently, and it does it all with gorgeous, Apple-like industrial design and slick companion apps for iPhone and Apple Watch… expand full story
deal Stories December 17, 2015
Best Buy offering iPhone 6s for $1 on contract w/ Sprint & Verizon starting tomorrow
We’ve received word that starting tomorrow Best Buy is going be offering the 16GB iPhone 6s, normally $199 on-contract (and often on sale for $99), for just $1. Head below for details…
deal Stories December 11, 2015
AT&T is offering a buy one, get one free deal currently on many of its popular smartphones, and while it’s not listed likely due to Apple, we’ve learned that iPhone 6s is actually eligible.
You won’t find any mention of iPhones in AT&T’s advertising for the deal— in fact, it’s promoting the Samsung Galaxy S6 as the standout device for the deal— but we’ve confirmed with AT&T reps that iPhone 6s is also included and eligible for customers to include in the offer. expand full story
deal Stories July 23, 2015
Apple is today launching its Back to School promotion for 2015. This year, it will give away a free pair of Beats Solo2 headphones with the purchase of an eligible Mac. Customers must either purchase an iMac, MacBook, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, or Mac Pro with education pricing to qualify, including build-to-order configurations. The Mac mini does not participate in the deal.
Alternatively, customers can upgrade for an additional $100 to a pair of wireless Beats Solo2 headphones, rather than the usual $299 price. The announcement is not yet being advertised on Apple.com apart from a small mention on its rebates page. It is surprising that there appears to be no Back to School promotion for iPads this year, despite Apple pushing the tablet into education markets.
deal Stories June 17, 2015
Beats offering 10% off almost all of its products to celebrate Father’s Day
Earlier today we reported that Apple had knocked $20 off the price of its new wireless Powerbeats 2, dropping the cost of a pair from $199 to $179. Now it appears as if Beats and Apple are taking 10 percent off of all accessories to celebrate Father’s Day 2015.
deal Stories June 1, 2015
For the month of June, Apple is giving a small boost to its trade-in price values for the iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, and iPhone 5S, according to Apple Store sources. Using the Reuse and Recycle program, a customer can bring in an older iPhone model and receive gift card credit toward the purchase of a newer iPhone. Likely in order to spur some new iPhone sales this month, Apple is offering the following improvements to its trade-in pricing:
deal Stories April 14, 2015
Motorola slashes price of Moto 360 in wake of Apple Watch launch
Motorola’s Moto 360 is generally considered the flagship of the Android Wear devices, and over the last several days, many outlets across the web have deeply discounted the device—including Google itself. Normally priced at $250+, various cuts have seen the watch drop to as low as $165 from the official Google Store, and to $179 from third-party stores like Best Buy and Amazon.
deal Stories January 26, 2015
T-Mobile’s new ‘SCORE!’ program gives you smartphone discounts & perks for $5/month
T-Mobile is seemingly continuing with its “Un-carrier” parade, as the company just announced a new program called “SCORE!” that lets customers add $5 per month to their bill to get some steep discounts on smartphone upgrades. Essentially, enrolling in this program lets you subsidize one of your own future smartphone purchases, but it looks like T-Mobile is going to try to make the investment worth your time.
deal Stories January 15, 2015
Apple has recently added the 27-inch iMac with Retina display, originally released in October 2014, to the refurbished section of its online store. Currently, the baseline 5K iMac with a 3.5 GHz quad-core Core i5 processor, 8 GB of RAM, a 1 TB Fusion Drive, and an AMD Radeon R9 graphics processor will cost you $2,119 refurbished from Apple. That’s $380 – or 15%- off the price of a new model.
deal Stories October 10, 2014
9to5Toys Last Call: Seagate 2TB portable HDD $75, Lumsing 10400mAh Power Bank $19, Apple TV $84, more
Today’s can’t miss deals:
Last Call updates:
- Carl Zeiss unveils its sub $100 virtual reality headset for iOS and Android
- Fashion: Solstice Sunglasses in-store credit 50% off, Nike Free 5.0 running shoes $65, more
- 1-yr magazine subs w/ digital access for $5: Wired, GQ, ESPN, Rolling Stone, more
- Home: Remington electric shavers from $25 (up to 30% off), kitchenware, more
- Quick look: The BlueSYNC SPB is an All-in-One Bluetooth speaker w/ FM radio, 2200mAH Powerbank, more
Bowers & Wilkins Z2 AirPlay speaker w/ Lightning dock $100 shipped (orig. $400)
Seagate 2TB Expansion Portable USB 3.0 Hard Drive: $75 shipped (Reg. $110)
11-inch Apple MacBook Air 1.6GHz/4GB/128GB refurbished w/ 90-day warranty: $599 shipped
Other new deals:
- New! Groupon 10% off: Apple TV $84, LifeProof iPad cases from $30, PS4 $360, more
- New! Apple iPod touch 32GB in space gray or silver $224 shipped (Reg. $299)
- New! APC Back-UPS 600VA 8-outlet power supply: $45 shipped (orig. $110+)
- New! Two free months of Audible audiobooks for new and existing accounts ($30 value)
- New! Games/Apps: Dead Space & Need for Speed (iOS) 50% off, more
- New! Daily Deals: Sharp 1080p HDTVs from: $200, LifeCHARGE USB power banks: $30, more
More deals still alive:
- LG Smart LED HDTVs: 42-inch $425 (Reg. $799), 50-inch $550 (Reg. $1,099)
- Mpow Mbox Portable Bluetooth Speaker $43 shipped (Reg. $100) + Freebie contest
- WD My Cloud 3TB Personal Cloud Storage: $150 shipped (orig. $200)
- iPad 4th gen. w/ Retina display LTE (refurb): 64GB $430, 128GB $480
- Bose AE2 fold-flat over-ear headphones $70 shipped (Reg. $150)
- BOGO movie ticket offer for Fury, Brad Pitt’s new war flick
- Halloween costumes for adults, children and pets – plus decorations and more
- 1-yr magazine subs from $5 w/ digital access: Wired, GQ, Rolling Stone
- Free iTunes download of the ‘Star Wars Rebels’ series premier
- rooCASE iPhone 6/6 Plus cases in a variety of colors and styles: $7 shipped (Reg. $20)
- Numark Mixtrack Edge Slimline portable USB DJ controller $99 (orig. $300)
- Home: Barska biometric safe $135, Rachel Ray wood salt/pepper set $20, more
- Blu-rays $4.50 w/ free pickup at Target, Warrior/Lincoln Lawyer rentals $0.99, more
- Beats Mixr headphones $100 shipped w/ $100 .edu email discount ($150 off)
- 3-in-1 Portable Car Charger/Wall Charger/Power Bank: $6, 4-port USB car charger: $20
- PowerA iPhone 5 Star Wars cases from $10 shipped (orig. up to $35)
- 8GB Moto G Boost Mobile no contract phone: $60 shipped (2013 model)
- Lenmar Meridian MFi 2300mAh iPhone 5/5s Battery Case: $45 shipped (Reg. $90)
- Canon PowerShot ELPH 100 HS 12.1MP blue or silver (refurb) $45 shipped (orig. $108)
- Lumsing Ultrathin Power Banks w/ Prime shipping 6000mAh: $21, 8000mAh: $23
- APC Power Saving Back-UPS Pro 1500VA: $150 shipped (orig. $310)
- Two college hoodies for $40 shipped (orig. $40 each), choose from hundreds of teams
- Headphones: Sennheiser Audiophile $100, more
- Yamaha (RX-V477) w/ Airplay Receiver $300 (orig. $450), more
- AmazonBasics 3-ft MFi Lightning cable (white or black): $11 (Reg. $14)
More iPhone 6/6 Plus deals, accessories, and trade offers:
- iloome readies “the world’s first” curved tempered glass screen protector for iPhone 6/6 Plus
- Roundup: the best ultra tough Lightning cables for your new iPhone 6/6 Plus
- Faster 2.1A chargers/batteries, more for iPhone 6/Plus quick charging (roundup)
- Apple isn’t making an iPhone 6/6 Plus dock, here are your best options
- Couldn’t score a 128GB iPhone? Add storage to any iPhone w/ a wireless drive
- Best iPhone 6/6 Plus plan in US? T-Mobile unlmtd.100 mins talk: $30/month
- Should you protect your new iPhone 6/6 Plus with AppleCare+ or SquareTrade?
New products/ongoing promos:
- Troy-Bilt’s FLEX conquers all of the seasons and power washes too
- Amp iPhone speaker case delivers a personalized audio experience, pre-order to save 50%
- Ski Safari: Adventure Time for iOS is IGN’s free game of the month
- Kano teaches your kids to build a computer without breaking the bank
- Logitech’s new iPhone battery case offers magnetic mounting & military-grade protection
- Activision releases Skylanders Trap Team for iPad w/ tablet stand portal & controller
deal Stories September 10, 2014
Walmart to offer $20 or greater discount on 16GB iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus + $15 gift card on launch day
Walmart, the giant US retailer, often negotiates exclusive price cuts on products that smaller retailers can’t match. Just like last year, it has set its sights on the all new iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.
According to a report published tonight by CNET, Walmart is set to trim $20 off both of Apple’s new super sized iPhones. That drops the iPhone 6 down to $179 and the iPhone 6 Plus down to $279. Both prices require a two-year commitment with AT&T, Verizon, or Sprint. Also, beginning on Friday, September 12th, Walmart will begin accepting preorders for the iPhone 6. Anyone who preorders through Walmart will also get a free $15 e-gift card. Sam’s Club members will be able to save an additional $2 on both models, which brings their total discount down to $22.
Based on all the information we’ve seen thus far, these price drops only apply to the 16GB iPhone 6 models and only the 4.7-inch variant will be available for preorder. As of right now, the only other noteworthy iPhone 6 deal that we’ve seen is from Radio Shack who is offering a free $50 iTunes gift card with purchases through September 27th.
deal Stories August 20, 2014
Walmart has cut the prices of both of the current iPhone models substantially in what looks like some early prep for the iPhone 6, which is expected next month. As noted by Engadget, you’ll be able to get the 16 GB model of the iPhone 5c for only $.97. No, that’s not a typo. The phone is now selling for ninety-seven cents.
The 16 GB iPhone 5s also got yet another price cut, this time down from $99 to $79. Both of these prices are only temporary and will climb back to their usual points in 90 days—unless of course a newer model comes along and knocks the retail price of these handsets down a few bucks.
deal Stories May 30, 2014
RadioShack is offering one of the best discounts you’ll find on a new iPhone 5s or iPhone 5c on contract. These are in-store prices, but for just $79 (Reg. $199) you’ll be able to get a 16GB iPhone 5s on new or upgraded two-year contract. That includes AT&T, Verizon and Sprint and you can even slash that price further from $79 to $0 by taking advantage of RadioShack’s trade-in offers for the iPhone 4s.
RadioShack is also offering a similar discount on the iPhone 5c. The entry-level 16GB model (Reg. $99) is available for just $29 (or for free with an eligible trade-in). That deal is also available on all three carriers including AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint. Both of these deals are approximately $20 under the best deals we see pop up from time to time through various retailers. expand full story
deal Stories May 20, 2014
Starbucks offering free iTunes download of Coldplay’s new song via iPhone app
Coldplay’s highly anticipated album Ghost Stories became available in its entirety on iTunes Radio First Play last week, and was finally released to the public yesterday. Now, Starbucks is partnering with the British band to offer a free track off of the album as its Pick of the Week. By downloading and opening the Starbucks app for iOS, the opening track off of the album, “Always in My Head,” can be downloaded for absolutely free. Simply launch the app and head to the “messages” interface, in which you should have a new message offering the song for free.
Apple is quietly negotiating with some of the largest ISPs in the country in order to roll out their own Content Distribution Network, which would help ensure faster and more reliable downloads for iTunes content, iCloud data, and software (via StreamingMediaBlog). Apple has previously made strides to improve its networking infrastructure, including purchasing hardware to boost performance and creating a team dedicated to improving download speeds. It is also opening new Data Centers at a frenetic pace.
The creation of these deals with Internet Service Providers comes amid a firestorm surrounding net neutrality and peering deals of this type. Apple recently declined to join a group of 100 tech companies backing Net Neutrality in a written statement to the FCC. expand full story
deal Stories March 27, 2014
Want the new Microsoft Office apps for iPad? Get 33% off 1yr Office 365 Home Premium subscriptions: $67
In case you missed it, Microsoft finally released its suite of Office apps for iPad today with the introduction of standalone Word, PowerPoint, & Excel apps in the App Store. The Office app for iPhone remains the same apart from dropping the requirement of a 365 subscription (it’s now free for all!), but the new iPad versions of the Office apps WILL require an Office 365 subscription to create or edit documents. So, if you plan on using the Office apps on your iPad in the future, you’ll want to take advantage of a big discount on 365 subscriptions currently on Amazon.
Normally $99/year or $10/month, you can grab a 1 year Office 365 Home Premium subscription for $67.15 with free shipping. That’s a savings of $32.84 (33%) and gets to an access code for 5 Macs or PCs with access to all Office 365 app and services. That includes 20GB OneDrive storage for each for up to 4 household member, 60 minutes of Skype calls per month and all the apps: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, Publisher, and Access.
deal Stories February 3, 2014
Turkish government confirms meeting between Tim Cook, President Abdullah Gül ahead of nation’s first Apple Store opening
Shortly after Apple opened its online store in Turkey late last year, it was rumored that Tim Cook would meet with that country’s president. The meeting would precede the opening of the first Apple Retail Store in Turkey which was originally said to be on track for January.
Toady, the Turkish government has confirmed this meeting through a presidental schedule published on the government’s website. The meeting will take place at 11:00 AM local time on Feburary 4th (that’s about 4 AM the same day on the U.S. east coast). The two will reportedly discuss a $4 billion plan to bring iPads to Turkey’s schools—a deal Apple outbid several other companies to secure.
deal Stories January 22, 2014
Twitterrific 5 updated with streaming support, list management, more
The Iconfactory released a significant update to Twitterrific 5 today bringing support for a highly requested feature: streaming.
Just like Twitter for Mac and Tweetbot for Mac and iOS, Twitterrific will now present new tweets to you as they’re loaded alleviating the need to pull-to-refresh when you’re caught up on your timeline. You will need to enable it in the settings for it to work, and it requires WiFi of course.
The update also features a number of other improvements including list management.
deal Stories December 19, 2013
In case you missed our last mega deal for Mac gamers, we’ve once again teamed up with our friends over at GameAgent to get an exclusive deal on one of the hottest Mac titles around. This time you’ll be able to get 75% off Borderlands 2 Game of The Year Edition for Mac. Here’s what you’ll get with the GOTY edition: expand full story