Spotify is clearly feeling the competition from Apple Music, and is now matching the Cupertino company’s family deal of $14.99 per month for up to six family members. This literally halves the cost of Spotify’s previous family membership, as well as extending it from five to six people …
Streaming Music Stories May 23, 2016
Streaming Music Stories March 16, 2016
A few months after Deezer Music added CarPlay support, the streaming music service has now launched an Apple Watch app. The app squeezes in an impressive amount of functionality to the small screen, as illustrated in the GIF below.
With Deezer on Apple Watch, listeners have access to all the best of Deezer, including:
- Flow – Your own personal DJ that knows exactly what you want to hear, utilising the best of man and machine to play all your favourite hits.
- Player – Take control and “love” your favourite track or skip to play what you want every time.
- Mixes – Let your mood dictate what you want to hear with mixes for every occasion.
- Charts – Always stay ahead of what’s trending with Top Tracks, Top Albums, Top Playlists, and Top Artists.
- My Music – Sync your watch with your iPhone and hear your entire saved music library including favourite tracks, albums, playlists, artists and podcasts.
- Force Touch – Press firmly on the display to see your queue list, hit repeat, and play in shuffle mode …
The best 4K & 5K displays for Mac
Streaming Music Stories December 18, 2015
When Apple Music launched back in June, it was noted that the music subscription service didn’t offer up the entire iTunes catalog with a few big name artists missing including The Beatles. That could be about to change, according to a new report out of Billboard, which cites sources that claim The Beatles music will be available for streaming for the first time next week. While the report believes The Beatles music will start streaming on Christmas Eve, what isn’t clear is which streaming service will have access first …
Streaming Music Stories December 17, 2015
A well-known music industry analyst is estimating that Apple Music will hit 8M paid subscribers by the end of the year, and will reach 20M by the end of 2016, reports Music Business Worldwide. The prediction was made by Mark Mulligan, co-founder of digital content specialists Midia Consulting, who previously held senior research positions with Forrester and Jupiter.
In raw numbers terms, that would put it just behind market leader Spotify by the end of next year, but that may not quite present the true picture …
Streaming Music Stories December 16, 2015
Streaming Music Stories November 19, 2015